Here are the slides for the keynote presentation about Managing Enterprise Software Projects at the University of Victoria with Garry Sagert held on May 30, 2012 at our AGM. We thank Garry for making them available to us.
This was a great talk offered to our members by Garry who shared the experiences UVic has gone through while upgrading their enterprise software. We learned many things, such as:
- How proper Change Management and user buy-in was critical for success – sometimes it’s much more important to get end-user buy-in than to deliver the perfect system.
- How today, using commercial-off-the-shelf software and systems instead of building everything from scratch is a much more viable approach - both time wise and cost.
- How 80% is good enough most of the time, but that it takes a cultural shift and high-level executive support to make it a success.
- How Agile was used with success to deliver successful results.
- How ultimately Project Management is really much more about managing people than about anything else – managing projects resources, scope, etc. – sounds familiar?
- and many more… check out the slides!